Sorry for the hiatus!
I went on a 2 weeks break and I’m now back to posting more Green smoothies recipes for you!
So… here’s one delicious Green smoothie that you don’t want to miss! I’m sure 🙂
While White Peaches are my favourite fruits, Plums are more readily available and they are cheaper. It is closely related to peaches, cherries, apricots and they are collectively known as Stone fruits. Plum is usually juicy and sweet tasting with a slight tartness.
I have some fruits at home and decided to blend all of these with the plums I bought…
5 x Plums
2 x Kiwis
2 x Bananas
1 x Lemon (juiced)
2 cups x Spinach
1 cup x Organic Rice Milk
-Serves approx 4 cups-
The nutrition that Plum provides is somewhat similar as Peaches… Plum…
- is high in dietary fiber which promotes healthy digestive functions
- is high in Vitamin C to help body develop resistance against common colds and infections
- contains good amounts of Vitamin A, which promotes healthy vision and bone growth
- contains significant amounts of Antioxidants such as lutein, cryptoxanthin and zea-xanthin
- contains essential minerals e.g. Potassiam and Iron. Iron is needed to form red blood cells and Potassium helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
I must say this is a really delicious and healthy drink! But… Sigh… I couldn’t detect much of the plum taste. Guess the Bananas and Kiwis took over…
Nevertheless, it was a yummy drink and I topped it up with Goji Berries and Chia Seeds for some Superfood nutrition! Definitely an amazing breakfast substitute!
If you suffer from constipation and can’t find fresh plums, snack on dried plums (which can be easily found at supermarkets). Plums are also commonly used in baking and Plum purée makes great sauces.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!!!
5 thoughts on “Yummy Plum Smoothie”
Great colors! Delicious!
Thank Laura !!! 😀
Pingback: The benefits of plums (Green Plums) (Facts ) - eJo
Wow will definately try this one when plums are in season here in Germany!
Thanks Luisa 🙂 Hope you enjoy blending them! It’s yummy!