Of all melons, I like Cantaloupes the most! They are tasty, juicy and very refreshing!
Today’s blend is pretty simple and hassle free… Definitely something that all beginners can try 🙂
Here’s the ingredients you will need :
½ x Cantaloupe (seeded)
2 x Green Apples
1 x Avocado
3 heads x Cos Lettuce
½ cup x Water
Handful of Mint Leaves
-Serves about 4 cups-
Other than looking pretty in its orangey flesh and being rich in flavours , Cantaloupe contains plenty of nutrients!
- Is an excellent source of Vitamin A which maintains healthy tissues and thus in turn, promotes good eyesight and skin.
- Is high in Vitamin C, an essential water-soluble vitamin which helps us build resistance against various infections.
- Is rich in Antioxidant flavonoids (e.g. beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin and cryptoxanthin) which help protect your cells from free radical damages.
- Helps regulate blood pressure and support metabolism because of its Potassium content
- Is a good source of Folate acid (Great for pregnant ladies!) and other Vitamin B complex (vitamin B1, B5, B6, Niacin)
Please don’t mind the colour 😆
I did not include many fruits in this blend because Cantaloupe itself is very juicy, sweet and flavoursome. Instead of Red Apples, I used Green ones because they are milder in sweetness and give a slight sour taste which adds a hint of zest in this drink.
Both Cataloupe and Green Apples are very juicy, so you get a really refreshing and tasty thickie. Lastly, Mint leaves enhances the taste by giving you a cooling sensation!
Yes, it’s not green again… but it truly is an amazing drink for a warm climate!
So, what did I do with the other half of the Cantaloupe?
I refrigerated it and ate it straight with a spoon for my mid afternoon snack! So satisfying in this hot, humid weather!
You can also mix Cantaloupe cubes in Greek Yogurt or blend it with organic oat milk and ice to get a Cantaloupe milkshake!
Hope you like this drink!
So… What’s your favourite fruit for Summer? 🙂
Chug It !
4 thoughts on “Refreshing Cantaloupe Smoothie”
Pingback: Cantaloupe Cooler | gluadys' cookbooks
Yum yum! I have to try mint leaves. Im just nervous about them going bad so fast. Thanks!
Oh yes! They do go bad pretty fast… I usually use up all in 2-3 days