I’m missing the chill and breezy weather we were having a few weeks ago! The recent rise of temperature has been getting to me and I am desperately in need of hydration all the time. I’m an avid H2O drinker… But sometimes, water alone just don’t seem enough and I needed an extra oomph in my Smoothies!
Cucumbers are good sources of water and are popular as a summertime snack. Not sure if you are aware, but they belong to the same family as Watermelons and Pumpkins! Cucumber is also considered as a fruit since it contains seeds in it 😉
Let’s see what I have for you today!
3 heads x Butterhead Lettuce
1 x Apple
1 x Banana
1 x Lemon Lime (juiced)
1 x Cucumber
1 cup x Blueberries
1 cup x Water
-Serves approx 4 cups-
Other then helping you to keep your cool… Cucumber…
- is a good source of Vitamin Bs… which is known to help with hangovers 🙂 (Read here for a hangover cure Green smoothie!)
- contains a whopping 95% (!) of water and thus, helps to hydrate the body and disperse toxins…
- is a great source of silica which improves joint health by supporting proper construction of the connective tissues…
- gives you clear and glowing skin…
- helps to reduce bad breath…
- reduces cholesterol and maintains healthy blood pressure levels due to its minerals content…
- slices are placed directly on the eyes to help reduce puffiness!
Now, this isn’t exactly a pretty drink (as always 😆 )… But I’m pretty sure this is one drink that everyone would love to have in Summer! It is refreshing and packed with Antioxidant properties… It’s like having a fruit salad in a glass! You can also add ice into the blender to create a slushy drink or some mint leaves to for that extra coolness!
Ever since I randomly came up with this drink, I have been adding Cucumbers to my smoothies regularly. Especially if I’m having my smoothies in a hot afternoon… Cucumbers (skin included!) are definitely going into the blender!
I hope this drink helps you to chill a little in this warm climate… Stay cool everyone! 🙂
Chug It !