Just thought you should know, I’m not a fussy eater so I eat pretty much everything…
But if you asked me to choose 1 fruit that I dislike most… it will be the Papaya…
And I can’t explain why! I don’t exactly hate it… But if given a variety of fruits to choose from, papaya will be my last choice. I feel the texture and taste just don’t mix very well… So, I rarely buy papayas…
But… I am aware that Papaya is full of nutrients and I should be eating this fruit for its wonderful benefits…
So… what I should do?
YEP… Blend it awayyyyyy !!!
I found a Mini version of Papaya at the supermarket (can anyone tell if it’s GMO? there was no label… but pretty sure it was not from Hawaii)
So here goes!
1 x Mini Papaya (seeds removed)
2 x Mangoes
1 x Lemon (juiced)
1 x Avocado
3 stalks x Kale
2 cups x Spinach
1/2 cup x Water
-serves approx 5 cups-
As I mentioned earlier Papaya has TONS of benefits… It…
- is an excellent source of Vitamin C to improve immune system
- contains good amounts of beta-carotene that is converted to Vitamin A and this is essential for healthy vision
- contains protein-digesting enzymes to help reduce inflammation
- helps with indigestion, heart burn and acid reflux
- is rich in lycopene, an antoxidant which may reduce risk of developing cancer and heart diseases
- contains high amounts of potassium which helps promotes healthy muscles and maintains blood pressure level
- high in fiber and helps with constipation
- helps dissolve dead skin cells and is therefore commonly used in skin products
Papaya itself is full of juice, fiber and the flesh is pretty dense. I was craving for something really creamy so I blended with Mangoes and Avocados to get a tropical, hearty drink. Lemon juice adds a slight zest and I also topped it up with some dessicated coconut so you get lots of different flavours and textures all in one cup!
So I don’t really like eating the fruit itself… But I enjoy food that’s prepared with Papayas!
My favourite ones will be the Thai papaya salad, which is super appetizing…
Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_papaya_salad [Gallery]
and a Chinese dessert prepared by double boiling Papayas, Snow fungus and Almonds, which is supposed to be very nourishing for skin and health…
Source : http://www.noobcook.com/papaya-snow-fungus-and-almonds-soup/ (Great recipes from this website!)
Even though I don’t like to eat Papayas, I still try to include them in my diet in other forms. Blending them with other fruits and vegetables is the easiest method!
I believe this would apply to kids who dislike vegetables or certain fruits too… Just blend it with their favourite fruits and they get the nutrients in their systems anyway (minus all the chasings and screamings 😆 )
So, what fruits do you not like to eat?
I’m interested to know!