Here comes another exotic fruit that you may or may not have seen before…
Rose Apple is shaped like a pear and has an edible, waxy skin in a pretty rose shade. It is white in the inside, has a mild sweetness and a firm crunch.
Rose Apples (also known as Jambu) are mostly eaten out of hand. But I always like to introduce interesting fruits in my Green Smoothies. So, I really want to give this a try!
6 x Rose Apples (cored)
1 x Carrot
1 x Orange (juiced)
1 x Lemon Lime (juiced)
2 cups x Spinach
Few slices of Ginger
-Serves about 4 cups-
In general, Rose Apple…
- has shown to prevent the development of cancer of the prostate
- is loaded with Vitamin C and is therefore effective in fighting common infections.
- is low in calories and fat – great for people trying to lose some weight!
- is A good source of fiber and helps to lower cholesterol levels
- is regarded as a tonic for liver and brain in India.
- infusion may work as a diuretic too!
Since the taste of Rose Apples is really mild, I thought this would turn out weird, but I love this combination! The result is amazingly delicious! It’s really thick and filling because of all the fiber from the fruits and vegetables. I think the fruits complement each other really well too. There is a slight after taste from the Rose Apple and the tinge of Ginger gives the drink an extra burst of spiciness. You can always substitute the Rose apples with just 2 Red Apples and it would be yummiclious too! I’m really happy with this blend 🙂
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Chug it !